I just received an email news letter from a nutritionist we took Annabelle to see last year.In her news letter she quotes these great food commandments, I thought that with the new year coming up they could be incorporated as part of our new years resolutions.
Michael Pollan’s “12 Commandments of Food” from his 2008 book In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto.
1. "Don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food."
2. "Avoid foods containing ingredients you can't pronounce."
3. "Don't eat anything that won't eventually rot."
4. "Avoid food products that carry health claims."
5. "Shop the peripheries of the supermarket; stay out of the middle."
6. "Better yet, buy food somewhere else: the farmers' market or CSA."
7. "Pay more, eat less."
8. "Eat a wide variety of species."
9. "Eat food from animals that eat grass."
10. "Cook, and if you can, grow some of your own food."
11. "Eat meals and eat them only at tables."
12. "Eat deliberately, with other people whenever possible, and always with pleasure."
I particularly love no 10 and would love to have a little green house or vegetable patch in my back yard to grow all sorts of vegetables in, a person can dream!