Saturday, January 23, 2010

The lessons we come to learn

I believe that people come into our lives to help us learn the lessons we were meant to learn in this life, and especially our children. At first I thought Annabelle was given to me to learn patience, I always thought I was a patient person but oh boy Annabelle has stretched me to my limits and beyond some days.

But now I think that wasn't the real lesson I need to learn, I now think it is my ability to ask for help was the real lesson. I have always been a very independent person never wanting help from anybody to do anything and always thought my way was the best way to do it. Take for instance packing the dishwasher if my husband does not pack the dishwasher exactly the way I would do it, it would be wrong, and I would have to re-organize all the dishes my way. To the point were I would have to do everything because it wasn't being done my way. Well now that Annabelle needs so much of my time some days I don't even have time to pack the dishwasher let alone repack it if it was not done in the right way. Now I let my husband pack the dishes the way he wants to, its not wrong, its just different. I do need help to get through this I can't help Annabelle if I don't get help myself.
I came to this realization when 2 of my neighbors came by my house offering to help me, either to look after my son, help me clean my house, look after Annabelle while I take a shower. Before Annabelle's Angels they did not know about Annabelle and I would not have dreamed about asking for help. But without family nearby we have to rely on friends, neighbors to be there for us when things are tough. I just need to learn how to ask.


Annabelle doing really well sitting on the couch if you put her in the groove she will stay there for about 10-15 minutes before toppling over and of course if the right show is on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment