Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring brings new hope

"Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry season in life do not last. The spring rains will come again" Sarah Ban Breathnach

I can't believe it has been over two months since I last posted, so much has happened in those two months, and I wish I had a week just to spend updating this blog on all that has happened.
I will start by saying that we still have no answers yet but we did see a wonderful doctor today, a geneticist, we have been waiting 3 months to see her and well it was worth the wait, she was recommended by another Mom at CCS ( California children services - Annabelle goes there for therapy PT and OT) This Mom said she is really good at diagnosing, I always prefer a recommendation from another parent you feel you can trust it more than say one that comes from another doctor, well she did a thorough examination on Annabelle which most doctors don't do, she asked loads on questions which most doctors don't do! She basically said that we have done most of the tests that could possibly be done but there are 2 more that have not been done and they might be what Annabelle has.

So the quest is back on to find a diagnosis the roller coaster ride has began again! First the blood draw the screaming that accompanies that, the searching and googling to find the disorders that the doctor is testing for and scaring yourself half to death reading what you child might have, then the waiting for the results, then getting the results, just one long roller coaster ride (did I ever mention that I hate roller coasters!)

Well I will post again soon with what has happened in the last 2 months. I am also going to cover all the therapies that we are doing with Annabelle and hopefully some new ones soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment