Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back from the dark ages

Three weeks without internet, it's not an experience I want to go through very soon again. We moved into our house but didn't realize how long it would take to get connected up to the internet - 3 weeks! We must live out in the country now or something? The hum of the modem was replaced with the beautiful songs of red breasted robins while I hung out the washing on the line outside, daffodils have sprung into bloom everywhere and spring is in the air. Trees full with pink white and yellow blossoms. I've had time to notice all these things instead of my eyes and ears being stuck to a computer screen.

I did try to get hooked up once, I found out that there was free wi-fi down at the local library so I took the Ipad and went down there with Annabelle took her inside in her stroller, got the user name and password from the librarian and went to the childrens section were they have great selection of board books and bean bags for children to sit on. So I get her out of her stroller and put her on a bean bag with some books around and I proceeded to log on to the internet getting ready to update myself on all the blogging I had missed out on for weeks and may be even muster up a post.

I got stuck into reading one of my favorite blogs, I don't notice that Annabelle has crawled off the bean bag and is on her way to the book shelf and is reaching out to pull the books off the shelf, next I know, she is screaming her head off, the books fell on top of her head. Being in the library and having to be quiet because people are reading and a screaming child is not what they want in there, so what do I do? I grab Annabelle and leg it out of there.

Needless to say we haven't been back to the library since!

Well now we have internet and I have so many updates on what has been happening over the last couple months but we now have satellite TV and House is on tonight and I have been deprived for 2 months so you guys have to wait till later. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment