Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jet Lag and an update

Jet lag is the funniest thing if you have never experienced it, it is worth a trip around the world to see what you are missing out. So inside our bodies seemingly we have a body clock and it gets used to waking up at a certain time, going to sleep at a certain time, eating meals at certain times. And when you travel across the world in an east or west direction and the time zone changes more than a few hours and the time changes that you would normally be doing those things your body takes a while to adapt to the new schedule so it will be 1am in the morning and you will wake up and your body will be thinking I am hungry I want dinner!

So we arrived in the UK safely after the whole family was upgraded to business class (just in case you hadn't seen my post on facebook) so we had those seats that fold down flat so you can get some sleep. Well I did not get a wink of sleep I watched Social Network and Eat pray love both great movies and before I knew it we were landing, but instead of it being 2am California time it was 10am. Luckily the homeopathic jet lag tablets got me through the day.

We crashed at 7pm that night and Annabelle woke up at 1am and the whole week she been waking up at really odd hours not going back to sleep. We give her 2mg of melatonin it helps her go to sleep but doesn't always keep her asleep. So hopefully she adapts to the new time zone soon because I am not sure how long I can do this for. Isn't lack of sleep a form of torture!

Well I am organizing a lot of things this week before our stuff (what was left over after we cleared everything out) arrives from California, we are trying to redecorate our new house. We are living with my parents-in-law while the work goes on. Lots of wall paper has been removed, carpets ripped out, and then a fresh coat of very low VOC paint put on the walls, so I am having fun choosing colours. (yes that's the English way of spelling that)

Then we are trying to get Matthew into a school you have to choose three in the area and send the application in (because he is starting mid year there might not be a space at the nearest school to us) so please prayer that he gets into one of the schools in my top three. We are homeschooling him until he gets in, which mainly consists of doing a few pages of the work book his old school gave us, and the some reading, then the rest of the day playing games with Nanna and Grandad. Oh how I love having grandparents around.

Then Miss Annabelle I have called the Hampshire county council children services and they are going to send somebody around to assess Annabelle. They also said I should call the Department of works and pensions, which I did and file in a new claim for Disability living allowance. So we should find out what this means for her and what kind of therapies we will get. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a nice trip "home" my parents are visiting us next Friday from the UK. Hope Matthew gets into the school you like and glad your settling in well. Don't forget to drive on the left lol! Love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete